Friday, December 17

Saint Malachy's Cabaret 2004

Ok, I'm never underestimating my school's ability to put on a good time ever EVER again!! Cab was soo awesome, I'm really glad that i went, dateless and all.
There's so many funny/absurd/far-out things that happened!! I don't even know where to start! Alright well around 6:30 i went over to my cousin Jessy's house, she lives right by the school. I did her hair right fancy, all flat ironed and *stuff* lol, then we did makeup and all that lovely kinda thing. Like twenty minutes before we were going to leave, Jess's doorbell rings. We go to answer it, (She's in her short-shorts and button up plaid shirt, lol.) And it's her date/boyfriend in a suit with a corsage :D awww! The poor girl didn't even have her dress on yet, so she told him it was ok, that we didn't need a drive and we'd walk and meet him at the school. She threw on her dress and we like *ran* it was so damn cold out.
When we got there, everyone was there looking spiffy! Seeing Gregor in a tie and suit was definately one of the highlights of my night. Lol, everyone just looked aodrable! Most of the girls had corsages, so that was a bit sad-dy cus I didn't, but i dealt with it, lol. Jessy and her date Brent were so adorable together, I really hope those two last. Brent introduced me to his friend S who Jessy later said was like *in love* with me or something. That kinda freaked me out, but he looked "dance-able" lol. He seemed pretty quiet too.

We finally got into the dance, and it was BEAUTIFUL!! They must have worked so hard to decorate that! We had christmas trees with white and blue lights, and christmas lights everywhere. When you first walked into the gym there was like this runway with blue and white fences strung with lights, and like an archway to walkl under, hung with mistletoe. There were little tables set up with lights too, with little bowls of mints on each one, lol. All the girls looked so beautful, it was like "sn-OC" off the OC lol. We had a good dj too. As soon as me and Jess heard there would be requests though, we ran right over to request OUR song.

See, lately Jess has been calling my house a lot leaving me some random messages that are just either the song itself or her singing to "Heaven" by Brian Adams. It sort of became this big joke between us that it was our song. So we go up and ask him to play it, and dedicate it to us. The dj says, "I'm not sure if I'm aloud to do dedications..." So Jess yells out, "Dedicate it to Kate and Jess please! Their boyfriends are going to war!!" Then she runs off.

We really didn't think he was going to play it, until about mid-way through the dance, he announces, "Ok, we're gonna break it down now to a slower note from Brian Adams going out to Kate and Jess!" We just started like running around yelling, "It's our song!" Then we slowdanced for the whole thing, lol.

There were some quite strange parts of last night though too. Brent's friend S was like watching me the whole time, even when he wans't even close to me or when people were talking to him, I would catch his eye looking at me. I had never even seen the guy before tonight, I had no damn idea who the hell he was!! A slow song came on and Jessy and Brent started dancing and Brent's like nodding in the direction of S, so i danced with him. He wasn't an awful dancer, but I've definately danced with better. He was like spinning around too much or something :s Anyhow, then a slow song came on so i like *backed away* and started dancing with my friends again.

Joe's "gf" from PEI was there, and despite what everyone had been thinking when he told us she lived on a potato farm, she was really pretty and really nice. She didn't really know anyone, so i talked to her quite a bit. Her and Joe were ADORABLE together, she was a really nice girl and i felt sort of bad seeing as we'd all been calling her Potato for the past few weeks. ("Hey Joe, when's Potato coming?") Anyhow, her name was Liz. So I'm over there dancing like *crazy* with Liz, Joe, Paul, Gregor, Harrison, and Chris and S comes like out of *no where* and starts chucking mints at me!!! I'm just standing there thinking, WTF?! He's like making a game out of it now, aiming to get them down my dress. Im also thinking, Ok buddy, how immature can you get?! You're two years older then me!! WTF?!?! (again!)

So I walk away from the group and go over to Jessy and Brent, who were *going at it* on the benches and tell them that that guy is a pig!! They just laughed and kind of "continued thier bussiness." I went back over to the group and ignored the little oinker.

The next song that came on was a dedication going out to the gay guy of our school, Brady-J. It's some *crazy* techno beat with like either straight girl or crazy gay-lisp boy lyrics about touching yourself. He then starts to dance like and I don't mean like dance normally, I mean like he had a coreographed *dance*! Everyone was cheering of course, cus like a main thing at our school is accepting everyone, but it was pretty funny. Everyone formed a circle around him and started cheering for him. He had the moves pretty downpat, they were a cross between Britany Spears "Toxic" and Christina Aguilera "Dirrty". I know, only STM eh?

The next dance I ended up dancing with that S guy again. But after that, when i was walking to get a drink and get another mint chucked my way, i was done with that pig. Seriously, what the hell?! So when i came back to the gym, I woulnd't talk to him or dance with him and I avoided him most of the night, dancing with any guy possible so he wouldn't ask me. I danced with Gregor, Chris, Joe and Joey lol, t'was quite a time. Then the Grease Lightning song comes on, and of course Ryan Carr and Ryan Nolan had to go and do thier little "dance" routines they do. They even satrted dirty dancing with two teachers and again everyone like formed a circle around them. I went right to the back of it so that i was out of sight from the S guy with Chris, But here comes S out of *no where* again!! It was just getting ridiculous! At one point in the night, Gregor had come over to me and asked me if I liked him, I said I didn't know him and Gregor says, "Oh, well he wanted me to ask you, because i think he's going to ask you out." I was like, "I don't even know this damn guy and i can't even remember if his name is Nick or Steve!!"

So It's in the middle of the Grease Lightning and S catches my eye and starts saying something, but it was so loud i could barely hear. I thought maybe he was just singing along until i caught what he was saying and it turned out to be him mouthing, "Are you mad at me!?" I was like, "You threw mints at me, That was immature, I walked away! Do you have a problem? Are we dating or something? Cus i had no idea!" Then i walked away. The rest of the night i danced with Gregor so i didn't have to dance with him.

The slow songs made me kinda sobby though. I don't know, it was just the selection of songs like, "Heaven", "My Confessions", "Let It Burn", "Angel". They just made me right sad. Then they played Billy Jean and the whole time i was thinking about pes dances, and Brittany and Lindsay and Jen and how we used to dance to that song like *crazy*. They also made me think of who i wanted to be there with, and who i was there with: a kinda psycho freak with attachment problems.

When it was all over in all, it was an awesome time though. I really noticed how many people I've met at my school now, and how much i love it. And although i didn't have a date, i proved ot myself that unlike Natalie said, I don't need a boyfriend. I want one, but I don't need one. And I need to figure out myself before I can deal with a guy again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*applauds*
learns learns learns as the the sick twisted world turns!
realizations and immature instincts!
you'll always learn from your mistakes
and from the last paragraph it seems like you did learn something...please yourself and not others..
make the world your puppet not the other way around...don't wear your heart on your sleeve but don't leave it tucked away to grow cold and weary...
the world is sick and really ppl have lost a general sence of moral and dignity...pride is all they have left nowadays..

ms.andrews i applaud you.. you're learning quick and growing up fast...it's kewl to grow up just remember to have a little fun along the way...you're young...and you have the right to a good time no matter what

who do you have to impress?
the only impressive thing in life is originality

later!

-J.Biggs