Friday, December 17

Christmas Assembly

This morning we pretty much did nothing. I came to school planning on staying the whole day, but changed my mind. Our first period we did nothing. She told us to sit around and talk French quietly, yeh right! We played around on cellphones and BJ had like the new one that makes movies and has flashy lights, so i enjoyed myself thouroughly. :)

We're on our way to second period, math with Nadeau, and guess who i see? Yup, I think you can guess that it's the crazy mint attach-y guy S. He yells my name down the hall, so i turn around. He says, "Where's your next class?" and i told him and he says, "Oh my god, that's where I'm going now too!" Cus i guess our class had joined with his. So all through that class i had to sit there with that burning feeling on my neck that someone was watching me, and whenever I'd turn around, he was.

Third period was boring, we played mindgames. When that was over, it was an assmebly in the auditorium. It was a six period day. Me and Joe, Chris, Tori and Tom went and sat right in front on the side. Gregor was part of the assembly and all seeing as he is SRC. The screen was down and they were playing the cartoon Grinch movie while they finished up setting up. Some guy gets up there from grade 12 and he starts singing a christmas carol to get everyone going, it was pretty funny. Then our classes had to be introduced. I really think my grade needs some more practise in this area, when they say "Good morning to the class of 2008", we need to cheer louder!!

Everyone was so damn pumped and like the auditorium was all decorated and all the SRC were all dressed up. Gregor had his little elf hat on, what a cutie. They stopped playing the Grinch and put on a Christmas version of Seinfeild. It was the one with Cramer and George's Dad celebrating Festivus, the holiday that they had invented. It got boring after a while, so I was glad when they shut it off.

Gregor comes over to our row and asks who wants to chug eggnog, and not even thinking i was like, "Yeh sure." So Mike Connell asks for my name, and i guess when he wrote it down he put Caitlin Evan's cus that's what he called, which happens to be CCM'S name, and she wasn't even there that day, so I went up. They "conviently" picked three guys to compete against me though, all of them in grade twelve. We all had to go up on stage in front of the whole school and were given a bucket filled with eggnog and a huge hunk of fruitcake, which smelt like green pepper. Then i had to chug it all and eat that while trying not to make a fool of myself, which i ended up doing. It was all in fun though, and I could hear my friends cheering for me so I didn't mind. I chugged all the eggnog but when it came to that damn fruitcake, it was SICK!! i like took a bite and spit it all out. Then i started heaving and Mike Connell walks by me and says, "If you're going to puke, puke all over the place, the crowd loves it!" I was like, "Eww, no."

Seamus won i think, I'm not sure. It wasn't me that won though, lol. But i got some cheers :) I went around back to the bathroom and puked it up, then went back to sit down. The rest of the assembly was pretty damn funny. We did the 12 days of christmas saint malachy's style. It was like "On the first day of christmas my teacher gave to me, A note for the day i cuffed!" There were some crazy ones like "Seven shuttle bus rides." "Eight lunchtime detentions" and some others, i forget lol. There was like more competitions and stuff too.

Towards the end, Dave Mudge gets up there with his guitar and starts singing saying he's going to sing a happy song for christmas. He's like, "Here at Saint Malachy's, we celebrate Christmas in many ways!" Then he starts playing the Hanukah song. Everyone loved it, especially when he got to the part, "So smoke your marijaunicah, and drink your gin and tonica." But then all of a sudden a teacher like hauls him off the stage and you can hear him saying, "I'm gonna get in shit for this one!"

After the assembly, our weird-ass principal comes on stage and says that they talked to Dave and that that was inapropriate for saint malachy's "couture". I thought that was dumb, Dave was only being funny. The guy who wrote the song was jewish, it wasn't discrimatory. I thought it was even more dumb when i heard that the reason it was stopped was because a teacher had started crying because she was jewish. Get over it, everyone deals with it. You weren't getting made fun of, you were getting celebrated.

Afterwards, i got my things and caught a Hosp. UNB bus home. It's kind of weird that Christmas is just around the corner. I don't know, I've been feeling wierd on a lot of subjects lately. Anyhow...

Merry Christmas Saint Malachy's. (And Saint John High, because I'm so nice.) (And HVHS because They're good at hockey.) (And SHS because I like the name "seabees") and well......MERRY CHRISTMAS SAINT JOHN!! (and surrounding areas:)

1 comment:

George said...

Very worthwhile piece of writing, thank you for this article.
apartments in Ontario CA | house value | foam mattress