Sunday, May 29

Karma

What goes around, comes around. What goes up, must come down.*

Hmm, Karma. A word I've heard many times.

Karma - n. one's destiny as determined by one's conduct. (Webster's Pocket Dictionary.)

I've never actually given Karma any thought. It seems a silly notion to me, whatever you do will always come back around to you. But then again, upon closer examination, it seems almost believable.

I know people will not always get what they deserve for treating other people badly. Karma seems to tell us that everything has a consequence, more or less; to treat people the way you'd like to be treated. And isn't that the Golden Rule?

I think I may try this Karma thing for a while. See if what comes around goes around.

Maybe I have to make it go around by myself....

Karma - Alicia Keys

1 comment:

Jay said...

Karma always seems like a lot of work to me. Call me lazy, but....:)