Thursday, March 17

Amazing

It's amazing how fast things change.

Just when you've reached the point of not even being able to remember what warmth feels like, the snow melts away and the birds come out.

Today, for the first time, I noticed spring.

It sunk down into my very bones, causing me to feel the sudden need to not wear a coat or to put on my flip-flops instead of my sneakers. Then again, Canadian winters are so long and harsh, I'm pleased with even a mildly cold day.

It's amazing how fast things change.

Just when you think there might be hope for the world, that we may all be making a team effort, you get hit with another shocker.

There was a bomb threat at Saint John High. I suppose it probably didn't affect me as badly as it would have had I been there, but still, to think they are only down the hill, to think of all the people there that I love and care for.

Then, on the other hand, I feel for who ever's life was so terrible that they felt that was their only way out. I'm sure we've all felt down in the dumps, but hurting other people is not the answer. When the whole world can stop this, this 'game' we're playing with other's lives, there shall be a thing we might be able to call peace.

You watch the news, you see the reports of the shootings and the bomb threats in other places. It's scary, but it doesn't affect you. I always felt so safe and sheltered from things like that in a small town like Saint John. But bullies and tormenting are everywhere. It will only be a short time before something happens that will really cause us all to take a close look at our actions and choices.


It's amazing how fast things change.

Amazing, how fast time goes by.

Amazing how life keeps going.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SJHS kicks ass. you can't believe the media either becuase they blew the whole thing out of proportion. if you want the real story, ask one of us.
-Dylan

Anonymous said...

Great post. I like these posts that you write, makes you think....

~J~ said...

I just saw on the news last night that there was a high school shooting (for the first time, I think) in my home state. (I used to live in Minnesota.)
I know what you mean about feeling safe. I didn't think it could happen there, and yet, it did.

Anonymous said...

write more, your fans are waiting!