Tuesday, February 1

Me, My Spots, And I

my fingers feel naked. mom made me cut all my nails off today so that i would stop scratching my chicken pox until they bleed. so now all that time i spent painstakingly growing out my pathetic nails was wasted, but i can barely care right now.

it's time for an update. i know i haven't written in a while, and i'm not going to explain to you why. it's not really something to broadcast across the internet, so i'll keep it to myself. but as for the chicken pox, i can tell you about those. well, i'm covered. absolutely covered in chicken pox. right now it doesn't really look like it though because i've slathered myself with calomine lotion to ease the itch. but still, i'm on the verge of an insane itching spree. last night mom threatened to duct-tape oven mits to my hands if i didn't stop itching, but she hasn't yet come through with her promise. i've tried everything, oatmeal baths, calomine lotion, cold cloths, polysporin, everything.

so now, i have this insane desire to play connect-the-dots. i've already made a heart, it's quite nice if i do say so myself. i've also already polished off half a black forest cake myself for breakfast, it was real good too. my appetite has finally returned in a small porportion. i'm home alone today, and for the next two weeks, now though. i really just wish i could have caught these a long time ago, like when i was five or something, i'm going to end up scarring really badly. i have them all over my face, and in my ears, and in my nose, down my throat, well hell, they're everywhere!

yesterday dylan and mike stopped by randomly to bring me chicken soup and a magazine. i thought that was adorable, even though i was in sweat pants and a sweatshirt, covered in spots, which are starting to strangely look like body acne... sick, i know.

there's not really that much to write, but i knew i had to write something, no matter how bad the writter's block has become. (and it's really bad now.) i have a feeling i'll be writting more often now though, seeing as i won't be in school for the next two weeks.

so, if anyone has any suggestions for chicken pox 'relief', please, please, please! leave a comment! the oatmeal baths are shit by the way, all they did for me was make me smell like fresh oatmeal, although i do like fresh oatmeal, well no, they made me itch more. and the calomine lotion tastes funny.

3 comments:

~J~ said...

Gee, Kat, wish I could help. Yeah, those baths generally don't help...
Take some pics of your spots. I can't remember what mine looked like. :)
Remember the scarring when you want to scratch.

k. said...

uhhhh, thanks! .... i think .... i'll give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

HUNNY! that's a sin! I won't see you for a long time!I'll write you notes and give them to Amy so she can give them to you! and I'll check your blog everyday!
If there's a good side to all this, it's that most people only get the chicken pox once. (hopefully you're part of that most) haha oh well luv ya anyway! haha
XOXO
-Tori