Saturday, January 1

A New Year

...It came so soon. It left so fast. A whole year forgotten. Everything that happened in 2004 is behind us now and is classified as "PAST". I'm glad, I'm glad for a new beggining. I'm glad for a chance to make things work this time. I'm so glad.

Ringing in the New Year with my friends was awesome. Nat says, "The way you spend your New Year's Eve is the way you will spend the rest of the year." I sure hope so. I could spend all of 2005 with them! Tom making kraft dinner, Levi and the ET movie, Dylan dancing like Usher, Natalie decorating the tree with her bra, Amy doing "backflips" with her damn fuzzies! Mike with the gummi bears for Lissa, it was just such a good time. And our count down, like as we counted down from ten, it was like slow motion. Slowly the whole year was fleeting before our eyes, and if we blinked it would be gone.

10, All those fights are over.

9, Dad's Marriage, gone.
8, Dumb choices are past now.
7, Time to make new ones.
6, A New Year to make things right.
5, New friends to add to the old crowd.
4, A new beggining for us.
3, A new school term! (I'm gonna try harder)
2, My New Year's resolution, I'll stick to it.
1, A New Year's Kiss.

Then the count down was over, and nothing was different. I looked over at the clock and it was five minutes into the New Year. People all over the world were celebrating tonight for the same reason, another year. And as I realized that nothing had changed I realized that no matter how many years really go by, things that were meant to be will never change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( Natalie didnt say that! Summer did you stealer! hahah jk