Wednesday, January 26

Much To Say About Nothing

Last night's phone conversation got me thinking about what it is to be nothing. To not exist, not be alive, not know what's going on, to just stop living and be non-existent.

I tried to feel what it was like. I sat there, not moving, barely breathing and barely thinking. The only thing I thought about...was nothing...

Ok well for starters, what color is nothing? It's not black and it's not white. But what color is something that is colorless? Everything has to have a color. But then wait, this isn't an "everything", it's a "nothing", oh yeah.

Well, how big is it? When you're nothing, where will you go? Well, nowhere I guess because you're nothing. But how can something just be nothing? How can questions just be answered like that?

Ex. How big is the Universe?
---It has no beggining and it has no end. It goes on forever.

How old is god?
---He has no beggining and he has no end. He goes on forever.

But...HOW?

The more I got to thinking about nothing, the more I came to realize, you can't think about nothing, because it's nothing. And don't worry about it, because it's nothing.

How is it that minds can be capable of ever truly comprehending the words, "nothing" and "forever"? Why do we invent words that have no definate meaning?

I want, and need, and answer to everything. I want to know what happens to us when we die. I need to know if we become nothing. If the only point to living is living itself, then if you were a good person, in the end is there a reward of some kind?

The thing I'm most afraid of is becoming nothing forever. I know I want to be something, to make some sort of imprint before it's over.

On the path of life, we're all walking together in the sand. Towards the end of your life, the tide comes in and washes away all the footprints, making room for more. In the end of it all, don't you want to be the one whose footprint is so big and defined it can not be washed away? Don't you want to leave some kind of lasting impression?
I'm not going to spend my life being nothing if that's all that's waiting for me in the afterlife. Somethings seem like such big deals, but when you look at the big scheme of things...why, it's only nothing.

11 comments:

vincent said...

Wow. 10 years old and you've already figured out that whole meaning of life thing. Impressive.

k. said...

gee vincent, everytime you write i seem to loose another year or two off my age ;)

Anonymous said...

which came first? the chicken or the egg?

Anonymous said...

hey kat. nice post. really inspirational. life is a huge joke to me. some kool smart guy once said 'in the race of life you have your sprinters, you medium pace runners, and your marathon ones. then people like me who sit on the sidelines and laugh at how the others look in shorts.' I'm one of those laughers. but still really great post. life sure is crazy
-Dylan

Anonymous said...

Hey that is a great post Kat...and by the way, you are something to lots of somebody's...you are somebody's friend (mine), you are somebody's daughter, you might be somebody's wife, mother, etc....you will be a very well known author/writer...I do know what you mean by the mysteries of life, but that is what keeps us going, isn't it? I think the reward (if you want to call it that) of life is the creation of life and life itself......

Anonymous said...

becky and lindsay are bitches.

Anonymous said...

ahhh you the bitch

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat, very deep and thought provoking post. You should add colours in part of your copyright-Mike

k. said...

whether people ARE bitches or not, please don't put it on my website :)

(just whisper it)

k. said...

by the way thanks anonymous #3, that meant a lot. please leave your name!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate...#3 was me, Tracey..:)