Thursday, January 27

Glad To Be Home, For Once.

today was the coldest day i've had to endure so far. well, maybe it wasn't, but it felt like peices of me were falling off into the snow behind me. it felt like my nose was constantly running, like my eyes were hanging out of the sockets and like that area where my ass turns into my legs was on fire.

going to hvhs had been a stupid, random, spur of the moment idea. the only reason i had really gone was because i didn't feel like taking the bus home by myself. the five of us caught the bus at city hall, but we waited for it most of the time inside because stephen eric and ryan wanted to play on the escalators. it was actually quite fun, i even tried running up the down one myself. when the bus finaly came, jessy didn't have a bus pass so she had to use her student id, but thank god the bus driver let us on or i swear, my ass was gonna fall off and die.

i don't even know where the idea to go to hvhs had come from, i wasn't even sure who they really wanted to see there. eric called someone on his cell phone and told them to meet us out front when the bus came by and to get on with us. but when the bus pulled up to the bus stop, they weren't there so we ended up getting off and going inside.

the school smelt funny, no offense all you hvhs'rs but it did. jessy described it as "rat". the smell of rat. when we first went in there were a lot of people but i guess only because they don't really have anywhere to go on thier breaks or lunch hour. we went into the cafeteria, which was really ... confusing. well for me at least. ryan went over to talk to someone he knew, and jessy was talking to her friends, and well everyone was talking to someone. so i talked to ... myself.

jessy and i wanted to explore, but they wouldn't come with us, ryan just kept saying something about a secret bathroom up above the auditorium where we could go if we wanted to "explore", but then again, ryan's a nutcase. eventually they said we were going to barnhill school, reasons unknown, and that we had to go back outside to catch another west bus. some guy and a girl joined our little posse, but the girl didn't talk much. we waited out front for a good twenty minutes for the bus to come, the only one who hadn't come with us was ryan who was in there talking to his breakdancing friends.

when the bus came it was a woman driving. i don't think i've ever seen one of those before! she let me on with my bus pass, but jessy still only had the id, and the bus driver wouldn't let her on! the bus was packed, and everyone else had gotten on ahead of us, so i did the "polite cousin" thing and got off with her. what a bitch that bus driver was!

so, we were alone, at hvhs. not the best place to not know where you're going. it being freezing out and all, we went back inside, in hopes of finding ryan and being able to get a drive home with him. we did find him, standing outside of some "student lounge" thing or whatnot, but he wasn't realy listening to us. so we left to explore.

we found out three things right away. one) it smells like rat everywhere. two) we actually did know people there, when we met up with laura and nicole. and three) hvhs is realy just ... a circle? well i don't know how else to describe it, but everytime we thought we were headed a new direction we always ended up back where we started, or passing the same people multiple times. evetually we gave up our "exploration" and met up with ryan and them back in the cafeteria or whatever that place was.

jessy goes, "there's jordan." and points behind me.

i look, and there not only is jordan, but mat. i know we've been talking lately and everything, but i wasn't prepared for how unbelievably awkward that was. i looked away right fast and was just like, "jessy, it's mat! what do i do?"

"hey mat!" she yells.

he didn't notice, but he did start to walk our way. i thought, if he says hi i'll say hi back ... i guess.

he just randomly turns, sees me and looks completely comfused, but then again i am supposed to be uptown at stm. so yeah, he looks at me and "waves", so i'm polite and wave back. then he dissapears for a while into some room, so i figure he must be awkward about it too, and i breathe a sigh of relief. but then he comes back, with a posse of people and jordan and kyle and some girls, and walks right by me, only nodding.

maybe i'm only imagining things, but to me it really seemed like he couldn't walk by me until he had all his friends. that was ... awkward too because as they walk out the door, kyle turns back to me and says, "hi katelyn."

"hey." (i'm totally weirded out.)

"aren't you going to say hi to mat?" he asks, looking in the direction of the back of mat's head. he's talking pretty loud now by the way.

"i did."

"oh, ok bye!"

weird, weird, weird. jessy just looks at me, her eyes said it all. "that was ... weird," she mumbles.

"you're telling me."

so, they leave, and me and jessy are now just sitting there, bored out of our minds, while ryan talks on and on to these guys. so eventually we tell him we're leaving to go catch a bus home now. except, the school's a "circle" like i told you, and it took us a while to get out.

we walked past mat and his "posse" again on the way out. he just nodded at me, it was a real weird nod. jessy is walking behind me and once we get far enough away i turn to her and she gives me this ... confused ... look and says, "he said hi to me and asked me how i was doing."

"he did?"

"yeah, he was like 'hey you'."

"why would he say hi to you and not me?"

"that's what i was thinking, katelyn, i'm serious. if i were you i'd wanna punch him out. there's no need to be rude to you."

"can we just go?"

so we left, we caught a bus home, the east. it was freezing again waiting for it, and it only even brought me to place 400 where i had to transfer to get home. and then my right bus didn't come so i ended up taking the churchill blvd and having to walk from lime kiln drive.

and when i walked into my door, i was for once really happy to be home. and that's saying a lot because i'm never happy to be home anymore. well then again, i'm home alone right now, so that probably makes it a lot better.

tonight is the open house at pes for the new gr. fives coming in next year and i'm taking lissa. i'm actually kind of excited, it will be like the first time i've gone back since the first day of school. and i'm going back again tomorrow with mike so that he can see everyone too. dylan's going to meet me tonight (hopefully). that should be a good time, i have a feeling we have lots to talk about, plus i really want to get a copy of the school trip dvd.

plus i have to remind mr. gray about that date he promised he'd arrange for me and jeremy way back in gr. eight. he said he'd pay for it and everything, so me and jeremy decided we're going to hold him to it. we'll see what he says.

8 comments:

Beth Fish said...

Oof - you need a new guy. One who knows how to be nice.

k. said...

oh, i have one. this was just an ex.

Anonymous said...

hahah yea u should see the 2 of them(kat and the new guy). they're quite a couple. nice post. mats a bitch. hopefully i'll see u tonight at pes.

-Dylan

Anonymous said...

kat do u dislike becky and lindsay

Anonymous said...

i'm a bitch?...

Anonymous said...

KATELYN I MISSED YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!! I love you to death!
hahaha sweet post, man some people are crazier than I am hahaha but I'm cool crazy, thats just stupid!
you have an awesome name!!! YAY! well I hope that people will stopping putting you in the middle of this nutty fights! ahaha love ya loads loads!
XOXO
-Tori

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julius said...

Goodness, there is a lot of useful data here!
nissan dealers | ford dealerships in houston tx | ppc campaign management