Monday, October 11

A Page of my Diary.

(September 4th 2004)
..........I remember when mom and dad first split up, everytime i'd hear the jingle of keys in the hall, (the sound dad would make when he came home.) my heart would skip and i'd look towards the door for a while before i'd realize that dad didn't live there anymore.
Tonight as i was getting cereal and heard a jingle, a thought crossed my mind....
When did i stop listening for those keys???
When did i accept being fatherless? When did i get used to things?
I know i can't cry for something that's long gone, but is it ok to cry because i finally realized what has happened? Is it ok to cry when i call him and get no answer? Is it ok to cry when i'll i'm truely wanting from a guy, any guy,is an old spice scented fatherly hug?
Is it ok to cry when i stop thinking about how bad things used to be and only remember the good things?
Is it ok to cry when i see living with dad as an eligable option?
I wish i could cry...but tears like words, have been long spent.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I konw what you mean, my parents spilt too. i dont really think about it that often, but every now and then when im alone i will, and i cry. and its ok to cry. but just guessing from what i read, your parents split up because.. well, diffrent reasons, my dad was never really nice to my family, he hit me, i always thaught it was normal untill one night it was so brutal and when i cryed out to my mum she wouldnt help me because she was to scared to put herself in my position, i knew something was wrong. but finally my mum worked up the courage to kick him out, and im living on a string... my life is hanging by a thread from the edge of the earth... if that string breaks ill fall forever...
-someone who loves your work!