Sunday, September 26

Not Anymore.

I used to walk in the rain, just to feel it drop down on me. Just to smell the scent of rain. Just to feel insignificant.
I used to bake cookies. Every weekend, to fill the house up with the sweet smell of chocolate. To have Mom and Liss come home to fresh baking.
I used to paint picutres, do artwork, draw. All things to express myself. Beautiful colors swirled onto paper and canvas that described my every desire.
I used to redecorate my room every month or so, to forget the things that had happened. To start again new, fresh, to make things seem like a new start.
I used to catch the bus to school in the mornings. Walk back through the aisles saying hi to people i knew along the way. Reach the back and take my earned seat.
I used to open my locker. Same code every day. 43-25-43 for threee years. Inside were photos of me, friends, family. Stickers, old lunches, text books that i had forgot i had and had to pay for.
I used to be young. Watch the Big Comfy Couch. Build forts, enjoy the park. Play on playgrounds for no reason, chase the wind and leaves.
I used to be happy. My life had so much meaning to it. I had a family that cared so much about me and i was secure, even though i was constantly moving and leaving behind things, i was happy. What happened to everything? When did it all fall down? Why didn't i notice that the simple things that made me soo happy are things i would never think of doing again? I wish i could walk in the rain one last time, with my yellow rubber boots.
I was young.
Not anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur really strong and brave...u've made it a long way =)
never give up hun ...just keep ur head up
-- xox

k. said...

Thank you kind stranger....may i ask...do you know me?

Anonymous said...

lol yea kat its maria i dunno how to put my name on this damn thing!!

k. said...

Maria!!!!!! wow i didn't know you'd even been on this! well at the bottom when you're typing you have to click the little button that says ur name not anonimous. And if there isn't one you have to make an account so go to www.blogger.com or lol if that's all too difficult fr you just put (-maria) at the end lol. LOVE YOU!!!!